Conrad Achenleck (b. November 16th) first appeared in the comic to hire Hanna to get rid of a vampire that had taken up residence in his apartment. Unfortunately, by the end of the night, he wound up being turned into a vampire himself. He was 27 at the time of his introduction and his personality can generally be described as neurotic and temperamental, seemingly nervous all the time and quick to lash out, even if no one really takes him seriously. He really is a nice guy underneath it all, but a childhood full of emotional repression seems to have given him a considerable amount of anxiety and anger management issues into adulthood.
Being undead has done little to change Conrad's personality. In addition to being neurotic, he also has anger management problems, and is generally irritated or exasperated. Still, deep down he's a nice guy; he just acts like a jerk so that people will think he really is one and leave him alone.
- He is British, and moved himself over to America as an adult.
- He still has an accent, but it has faded somewhat over the years.
- He has an anatomically incorrect tattoo of a dinosaur skeleton on his left shoulderblade.
- Graduated from Ringling College of Art and Design.
- He continues to work as a freelance graphic designer, even after his transformation into a vampire.
- He is still a virgin.
- He has a crush on singer Janelle Monae.
- His middle name is Dillon.
- Has not tried to go into direct sunlight since becoming a vampire, but claims that the light through the curtains gives him a headache.
- His voice sounds like the singer from The Kooks.
- He is somewhere around 5' 8".
- Can now turn into an unsually chubby bat at will.